The Traxster II Robot Kit is new and improved! The design of popular Traxster chassis is refined so it's MUCH easier to assemble, has a more durable coating, and features more useful holes to allow you to bolt on multiple sensors, cameras and antennas and more!
The Traxster Robot Kit was designed to be used as an indoor educational robotics kit. This ready-made platform allows more time for enthusiasts to develop intelligent software (such as vision recognition or localization and mapping).
The Traxster features a very rugged, three-toned powder coated aluminum chassis & drive disks, driven by two DC gear head motors with built in Quadrature wheel encoders, running on a set of ABS injection molded tracks. All hardware is either aluminum or stainless steel.
The Traxster can easily maneuver through carpet and other types of flooring, as well as traverse over small obstacles. The Traxster's skid-steer drive tracks enables it to spin about it's center.
This is an excellent starter kit, which can grow as the user's expertise grows. You can start with this kit and a micro-controller, and eventually add more powerful components such as multiple sensors, camera, IMU, etc.
- Rugged, Lightweight, Agressive Design
- Powder Coated Three-Toned (orange, gray, black) Aluminum Components (chassis, belly pan, drive disks)
- DC Gearhead Motors
- Quadrature Wheel Encoders, wire leads, and 0.100" headers
- Predrilled holes for Servo (for Sharp IR Panner or CMUcam2/2+ Turret )
- Predrilled holes for I2C Line Following Sensor
- Predrilled holes for Push Button I/O, LED, Buzzer Board
- Predrilled holes for Bluetooth/XBee Antenna
- Predrilled holes for 5V Switching Voltage Regulator
- Predrilled holes for dual switches/wiring harness, and wire routing
- Predrilled holes for Sharp IR Sensor Mount hole in top/front of chassis
- Rear horizontal slots for mounting additiona accessories
- Fully enclosed chassis (removable belly ban)
- Carries two 9.6V batteries underneath the chassis with easy access